- Sponsorships, Exhibits & Displays
- This type of funding Request is for sponsoring third-party conferences, meetings, programs, events, exhibit booths, and display tables. In exchange for its funding, EMD Serono expects to receive a material commercial benefit (e.g., named as a tier sponsor, logo on event material or screen, a display table, etc.).
- This type of funding Request may not be used to “sponsor” a specific, individual accredited continuing education program at a conference. Financial support for such programs is provided through Requests for Accredited Continuing Education for Health Professionals. However, sponsorship of a conference where various medical education programs are offered is appropriate.
- Both healthcare-related sponsorships (e.g., medical congress) and non-healthcare-related sponsorships (e.g., local community event) are covered by this type of Request.
- Patient Education
- This type of funding Request is to support independent educational events or activities that are designed to educate patients and/or their caregivers on topics related to management of a disease or condition.
- Only patient advocacy groups, medical societies, and professional medical education companies may apply for this type of funding.
- Charitable Contributions
- This type of funding Request is to support the broad charitable purpose or mission of bona fide, Section 501(c) charitable, non-profit organizations. Unlike a Sponsorship, EMD Serono expects no tangible benefit or return when it makes a charitable donation.
- Funding is intended for the general operation of the organization (e.g., donation to an Annual Fund which covers general operating expenses for a charitable hospital).
- Funding is NOT provided for specific events or programs (e.g., an Annual Gala Dinner cannot be supported with a charitable donation). Specific events and programs are funded through Requests for Sponsorships, Exhibits & Displays.
- Both healthcare-related organizations (e.g., charitable hospital) and non-healthcare-related organizations (e.g., local non-profit food bank) may request a charitable donation.
- The following types of organizations and individuals are not eligible to request a charitable donation: physician group practices, physician-owned clinics, managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit managers, individuals (including individual HCPs, residents, fellows, etc.), college alumni associations, and religious organizations (to support religion or religious beliefs).
- This type of funding Request is for a variety of fellowships:
- Traditional clinical or research fellowships: Programs designed and delivered by medical societies, academic medical centers, or NIH (or similar federal/state agencies) to support advanced clinical and/or research work by graduates, post-graduates or fellows
- Advocacy fellowships: Programs designed and delivered by health-related advocacy groups to support education, development, and training of health leaders on how to become effective advocates or improve their advocacy skills
- Diversity, equity and inclusion fellowships: Programs designed and delivered by medical societies, academic medical centers, or NIH (or similar federal/state agencies) to support a wide variety of advanced clinical research or other work by graduates, post-graduate or fellows to address diversity, equity and inclusion issues in the medical profession and patient populations
- Independent Charity PatientAssistance Programs
- This type of funding Request is to support independent non-profit charities (with an OIG Opinion) who provide “safety net assistance” to patients of limited means through properly-structured patient assistance programs.
Our Coordinator for these types of Requests may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org